Last but not least, let us go across the waters to the United States. I wanted to tell you about the most gorgeous, glorious publication, which is at once a photography book and a unique historical record. It is Jewish Treasures of the Caribbean: The Legacy of Judaism in the New World. It is a labor of love by the gifted photographer Wyatt Gallery (“a person not a place” as he always says), with essays by Dr. Stanley Mirvis and a foreword by Dr. Joseph D. Sarna. Wyatt is doing a book tour in the U.S., and it would be well worth going along to one of these talks. We are fortunate enough to have a copy, and it’s a work of art and a cultural gem.
Wyatt Gallery writes:
Within this season of expanse and renewal, I’m happy to invite you to these upcoming exhibitions and book talks for Jewish Treasures of The Caribbean.
JEWISH TREASURES OF THE CARIBBEAN | EXHIBITIONS + BOOK TALKS
• BAY AREA, CA: March 28th 5:30 – 8pm | Peninsula JCC
Exhibition Reception + Talk – 800 Foster City Blvd. Foster City, California
• NEW YORK CITY: April 3rd 6 – 8pm | Rizzoli Bookstore
Book Talk with Darius Himes – 1133 Broadway Btwn 25th + 26th Street
• NEW YORK CITY: April 9th Brunch | National Arts Club
Book Talk – Invite Only, please email if you’re interested.
• NEW YORK CITY: May 3rd 6 – 8pm | Shearith Israel Synagogue
Book Talk – 8 West 70th Street at Central Park West
• MARGATE, NJ: June 1 – Jul 28th 6 – 8pm | Milton & Betty Katz JCC
Exhibition + Talk – 501 North Jerome Avenue, Margate City, New Jersey
• NEW YORK CITY: June 28th 6 – 8pm | 92nd Street Y
Book Talk – 1395 Lexington Ave at 92nd Street
• ASPEN: August 3rd – 31st 6 – 8pm | Chabad JCC
Exhibition + Talk – 435 Main Street, Aspen Colorado
You can also stay up to date with future talks and exhibitions for the book at http://www.jewishtreasuresofthecaribbean.com/events/