Just a quick note… What’s coming up in Kingston, come rain or shine? Here are three exciting events that I would ask you to support:
- Startup Weekend Jamaica will be staged on October 4th-6th, 2013 (THIS WEEKEND!) at the PCJ Auditorium, PCJ Building 36 Trafalgar Road in Kingston. See their website at http://jamaica.startupweekend.org for more information, including the daily schedule and registration information. If you want to know more about the organizers, Connectimass, you can learn much more at their website too. Headed by the dynamic former journalist Ingrid Riley, Connectimas has organized a number of events and activities encouraging innovation among Jamaica and the Caribbean‘s tech entrepreneurs. Kingston Beta and Caribbean Beta are two of their great programs. REGISTER NOW!
- TEDx Jamaica 2013 is on the horizon! “New Frontiers” will take place at the Courtleigh Auditorium from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 12. Check their Facebook page for more details!
- And don’t forget the Digicel Foundation 5K Night Run/Walk from Digicel’s Caribbean headquarters in downtown Kingston on October 26, starting at 7:00 p.m. It is in a great cause – for Jamaicans with special needs. Register here: http://www.runningeventsja.com/events/digicel.html not later than October 6! No registration on the day!
- Running (and Walking) Downtown (petchary.wordpress.com)
- https://petchary.wordpress.com/2012/11/20/its-getting-beta-young-tech-entrepreneurs-in-jamaica/ It’s getting beta: young tech entrepreneurs in Jamaica: petchary.wordpress.com