Yes, that was a play on words. I have been so absorbed by the Olympics today that I will be starting (and finishing) my weekly post late. Do forgive me. Our hearts and minds were in London, while our eyes across Kingston and Jamaica were glued to television sets and big screens for the 100 meters final, won by our two “golden boys,” Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake.
Meanwhile, Tropical Storm Ernesto‘s rains drip harmlessly outside, as it passes to the south of us.
- Jamaicans revel in Bolt victory (bbc.co.uk)
- TS Ernesto heads for pass along Honduras’ coast (sacbee.com)
- Jamaica and The London 2012 Olympics: Reigning Kings and Queens of 100m Jamaica, Gold and Silver for Usain Bolt, Yohan Blake (theislandjournal.wordpress.com)
- Usain Bolt’s Olympic 100m triumph triggers jubilation in Jamaica (guardian.co.uk)
- Arrest at the 100m (smh.com.au)