Wow. Well my dear readers, another kind fellow-blogger, the Wanderlust Gene, has nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! So I am considered both versatile and inspirational, which is very nice. Thanks so much to my friend half-way across the world on another tropical island – Sri Lanka. You can read her blog at https://thewanderlustgene.wordpress.com/. It’s wonderful – the photos and descriptions are stunning.
According to the rules, I am now supposed to list seven deeply fascinating (?) things about myself, so here we are:
- I have long, red (not natural) hair. It’s the first time I have had long hair since I was 20 years old, and I’ve always wanted to be a redhead.
- I have a passion for the Icelandic “post-rock” band Sigur Ros. They don’t know it, but I am their biggest fan.
- I love very tall trees, and have one in my yard in Kingston, Jamaica. In Australia, I fell in love with all the trees.
- I have a brother and a sister, both younger than me. Always hated being the oldest.
- The first reggae song I ever heard was Gregory Isaacs, “Soon Forward.”
- I love dark (bitter) chocolate and strong black coffee.
- I am tired of watering the garden every day during this never-ending drought
Not sure if the last one really counts, but it’s true!
Anyway, I hereby nominate the following for various reasons as the blogs that have inspired me the most recently:
- In Search of a Life Less Ordinary: Adventures in Making a Home Away from Home: http://www.insearchofalifelessordinary.com/. Reflections of a young Englishman living by the sea in Sydney, Australia – a great city which I have visited.
- Mirth and Motivation: Motivate. Elevate. Laugh. Live Positively… http://eof737.wordpress.com/ Elizabeth Obih-Frank’s blog is full of amazing quotes, images and thoughts. She calls herself an international nomad, teacher, trainer, motivator.
- Lady Romp: Truly one of my favorites, this blog explores the lives and achievements of women globally – from Margaret Thatcher to Winnie Mandela, and many others less famous. http://ladyromp.com/
- Time to Be Inspired: A lovely, fresh and optimistic blog with a great design and beautiful photos. http://timetobeinspired.wordpress.com/
- Informed Comment: I have learnt so much from this blog, a daily item of news on the Middle East“with an occasional look home at American politics” by Professor Juan Cole of University of Michigan. http://www.juancole.com/ With a liberal slant.
- Crazy Train to Tinky Town: I adore this blog – the adventures of a single woman living in Turkey. It makes me laugh, and it’s so vivid. http://crazytraintotinkytown.com/
- Alice’s Bucket List: http://alicepyne.blogspot.com/ Alice is a sixteen-year-old girl who has had terminal cancer for the past four years. Her motto is: You only have one life, live it!
Thanks to all. This is a nice idea, and I love my ever-expanding blogging community!