About a year ago, I wrote a blog about the properties of the moringa tree. After the demise of a large tree in South Camp Road, Kingston – yes, we are too fond of destroying things of value, whether our cultural or natural heritage – my husband saved some seeds and we planted them in our yard.
Well, the two slender trees are now as tall as a palm tree which has taken years to grow. I did not realize that the moringa was so fast-growing. So here are a couple of photographs, so that you can see how well they are doing, and how easy they are to grow.
And if you are in Kingston and looking for moringa products, why not try the Prana store, a space adjoining one of my favorite art galleries, Grosvenor Galleries, with its old-fashioned garden setting.
Enjoy, health lovers! We both feel
- Moringa leaves PhotoBlog from Taino Organic Farm, Dominican Republic (treeyopermaculture.com)
- The Most Powerful Plant That Nobody Knows About (specialsaturday.org)
- Moringa Oleifera: The New Powerhouse Superfood (360fitnessblog.wordpress.com)
- Best Herbs and Supplements for 2013 (omtimes.com)
- The Incredible Potential of Moringa (outwestlubbock.com)