Recently I had a conversation with Sameer Verma of San Francisco State University about an innovative venture he's involved with -- the One Laptop per Child project. Verma, an open source software (OSS) activist, was invited by Professor Evan Duggan, Executive Director of the Mona School of Business and new Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of the West Indies, Mona, whom he went to school with, to spearhead the OLPC project in Jamaica.
- Jamaican Inspiration (petchary.wordpress.com)
- 50-50 Reflections (petchary.wordpress.com)
- Jamaica 50 Special: Monday, August 6, 2012 (petchary.wordpress.com)
- One Laptop Per Child, 7 Years Later: An infographic (teleread.com)
- Sunday Squalls: August 26, 2012 (petchary.wordpress.com)